Department Mission and History
The Mission of the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering is:
- To educate future creators and innovators who will employ their grounding in engineering to become leaders in many spheres of society.
- To discover and develop new knowledge and sustainable technologies that improves the practice of civil and environmental engineering in service to society.
- To serve and improve the university, the engineering profession, and society at large.
The Vision of the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering is:
- To provide undergraduate, professional, and graduate education that inspires students and confers technical mastery and provides them an understanding of the linkage between technology and society and that promotes ethical behavior.
- To provide research that transforms the art and practice of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- To provide flexibility in innovation and expertise that meets the growing challenges of human society through sustainable solutions.