Civil and Environmental Engineering students have the opportunity to participate in several national or local organizations. The most popular are:
- American Academy of Environmental Engineers at Cornell
- CEE Graduate Research Symposium
- Cornell American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is a student group who invites members from among Civil Engineering majors to participate in community service events, engineering competitions, and other activities.
- Chi Epsilon is the National Engineering Honor Society in the United States. They honor engineering students who have exemplified the principles of "Scholarship, Character, Practicality, and Socialbility" in the civil engineering profession.
- Cornell Seismic Design Team
- Engineers for a Sustainable World at Cornell
- Society of Women Engineers at Cornell promotes women in Engineering by advocating the importance of diversity and by uniting resources to encourage academic, leadership, professional, and personal excellence for the entire Engineering community of Today and Tomorrow.