Admissions for the EnvE Major

Students can apply for admissions through the College of Engineering or the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.

Students enter the environmental engineering program via one of two pathways: they may enroll with the College of Engineering (CoE) and affiliate with the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) or the Biological and Environmental Engineering Department (BEE) as EnvE majors before the end of the their sophomore year; or they may enroll with the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) directly to the EnvE major in BEE as freshman. The graduation requirements are the same for all students regardless of the college through which they enter the program.

Transfer students may apply to the EnvE major through either college.  The academic expectations and award of transfer credit in these ABET-Accredited engineering programs follow the guidelines set forth by the Engineering College, and prospective applicants should review the Engineering transfer web site for detailed information.
Matt reid and students

Engineering math transfer credit is determined by the Cornell mathematics department and transfer students must submit their previous math coursework.

Award of Advanced Placement credit is completed according to the rules of the Engineering college.

Transfer students are encouraged to apply to enter as sophomores because some of our second year requirements do not have equivalents at most other institutions.