CEE Academics

Undergraduate students can complete a B.S. in either Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering. Engineers who want to further their training can engage in the graduate coursework of the two-semester M.Eng. program, in which they focus their coursework and projects on one of several possible concentrations, or the Master of Science and Ph.D. programs, in which each student designs an individualized course of study in collaboration with a committee of faculty members.

student collecting water sample

Graduate Programs

The Field of Civil and Environmental Engineering offers three graduate degree programs:
A two-semester coursework and project-oriented program leading to the degree of Master of Engineering in either Civil and Environmental Engineering or in Engineering Management, a program involving research leading to the degree of Master of Science (M.S.), or a program involving intensive research leading to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).